Thursday, January 15, 2009

Negative Fifteen

That title right there - could be the name of a band. One that would go platinum in 3 days and make the Beatles look like karaoke night at Doc's Pizza Buffet. But it's not a band. It was the temperature when I had to go to work this morning. My boogers froze in about 4 seconds. Windchill made it feel like -30. The high today was supposed to be -2, but the highest I ever saw it get was -8. This is Fahrenheit people. The only bright side I can see is that it's so cold that the snow won't freeze together so it's actually light and fluffy, as opposed to the heavy, wet, icy snow we were getting.

7 comments:

Audrey Henderson said...

yeah, my mom is moving to santa barbara in the fall due to this winter in chicago .. she is pissed at the weather, i'm sure you guys are too, miss you both!

Tiffany said...

Yes Audrey! Would you visit me more if we lived in San Diego? After this nasty coldness we're voting to move! (Not that we don't love the people here, we do! it's just too cold for us westerners)

Chad and Carole said...

Pam's only comment was 'ew, gross'. I am grateful we live in Charleston...you guys can come visit any time. Sunday's supposed to be in the 60's.

Ariel said...

My boogs froze today too! Ohio is also freezing. Also, Congrats on having a girl. Girls are awesome. I know because I am one.

Henderson said...

Oooo, that's cold. On the way to school today with a wind chill it was -14, but I guess that is relatively warm compared to you guys!

Brittany said...

Is this a bad time to mention that it's 75 beautiful degrees here in Phoenix?? Sorry you guys are freezing. You should probably move out here and thaw out a bit!!

Matthew said...

The plus side is you can dump a bucket of water on your neighbor's front door step and watch hilarity ensue!