Saturday, April 18, 2009

The goose says "honk", and so does a Buick, so actually this kind of makes sense...

I went to the Kroger this morning to buy Aunt Jamima Butter-Light Syrup for our waffles (the Wal-Mart stopped stocking it, so now we shop at Wal-Mart for our groceries... and Kroger for our syrup), and I saw the following in the parking lot:
I apologize for the grainy photo (it was taken from my phone while I was on the scooter) (I was stopped - don't worry), but yes that is a goose nesting in the parking lot!!! I couldn't help but notice the similarities to my own home...
And of course I would be the valiant goose protecting his gander and unborn gosling from like SUV's and dudes on scooters taking pictures... 5 more weeks and I'll be a daddy! That beautiful gal nesting in the comfy-sac will be a mommy! And we'll have our own little... gosling? Okay this metaphor is getting weird. But seriously, we are having a little girl!!!

In other news, I was out with a friend today and we saw this car:
Notice the passenger blinker - now that's what we call midwestern ingenuity! Run over a deer and smash your blinker? No problem! Just bungy-strap an orange Nalgene bottle next to the head-light and you're as good as new.

Unrelated pic - on our trip to California a few weeks back I looked up and saw this guy in the airport:
I almost yelled for airport security, but then I realized he was just filling his water bottle. I don't know why they put the button so low, but needless to say, it gave me a chuckle and I thought I'd share.

6 comments:

Jen, Jenny, Jennifer said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Do you all have a name picked out yet?

I love the Nalgene bottle blinker idea! Why didn't I think of that?

Ryan said...

You should send those last two photos in to failblog.org. People never cease to amaze me. Good luck on the Gander/Goose/Gosling thing. We're excited for you!

Ariel said...

Braden you are hilarious. I can't believe you will have a gosling so soon. I can't wait to see if she comes out with downy coat of soft feathers. You better post pics so we can see.

Young Family said...

this is so hilarious! I hope you guys are doing well! We miss you!!!

Jen, Jenny, Jennifer said...

Any baby yet?

Brittany said...

Okay, so the "goose says 'honk'", but does the baby say "whhaaaaahh"?!?! Is there any baby news?? We're dying to know!!