Sunday, October 25, 2009

Celebrating Fall

Well, summer has come and gone, the leaves are just waiting to fall, and we're celebrating the harvest season before the long, cold, bleak, icy Illinois winter.

These are our Jack-o-Lanterns - Tiff came up with the theme: Eet Yer Peas!!! They won 2nd place at the ward Halloween party, hurray!

This is the apple pie that Tiff made, from scratch!

And finally, Tiff found this little guy climbing on her earring when we were driving home from a bonfire with friends. She screeched, I thought I was going to hit another deer, and she tossed it into my lap in the dark car for the rest of the ride home. Luckily he made it to the floor, and even more luckily he didn't get skooshed under the brake pedal. Happy Fall everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are really cool pumpkins! Jen and I made some with Mom and Dad; we will have to send you pictures. I love the fall because you get to eat the warm foods that make you feel so good inside like pies and soups.

Mrs. Gage said...

I would probably freak if I felt something fuzzy that close to my head! It's a girl thing! -Becca

Matthew said...

Remember the city-crushing banana pumpkin you and Cody carved when we were in King Henry? I think your new pumpkins are right up there on the creativity scale.

Chad and Carole said...

Love the pumpkins...hate the worm thing. That's gross. I love how creative you guys are.

Jen, Jenny, Jennifer said...

Wow Tiff, I'm mighty impressed with your pumpkin carving creativity, your caterpillar tossing skills, and apple pie making. I love the fall!

Unknown said...

I love it what a story to tell. THe pumpkins are very choice, the pie looks absolutely delicious and the caterpillar is a once in a life time experience. Have a great day!!!! Mom and Dad Balls