Monday, January 10, 2011

Worth 2 in the Bush



For the finale to our awesome ThanksgivingChristmasNewYear’s celebration, we headed up to Tahoe with Tiffany’s parents to have some fun in the snow. We broke out the snowshoes and headed to a viewpoint not far from the cabin.  As we trekked through the snow we met a local gentleman that informed us we were on “Chickadee Ridge”, and that the chickadees would eat from your outstretched hand.  I tried it and sure enough, one of the little birds flew down from the trees and alighted on my hand – disgusted I’m sure because I didn’t have anything in my hand to offer.  Luckily our local friend had brought some seed with him and shared with us, and so I was able to redeem myself.  As per usual, Kayla fell asleep in the backpack, which is just as well I’m sure because while we planned on going out for only an hour or so, we had such a good time we stayed out for close to 3!



The next day we hit the sledding hill – Kayla is yet to be enamored with sledding.  I don’t think she likes the cold snow that kicking up in her face.  Tiffany, however, is completely in love with sledding (as evidenced by the picture below), so I’m sure its just a matter of time until Kayla-bear comes around.


Now the vacation has come to a close and we’re back to reality (sort-of).  I’ll be flying around the country touring manufacturing facilities for the next two weeks, and Tiff and Kayla get to hang out in California until it we move to Seattle at the end of January.

So consider this your warning 2011: You’re about to be seized!

4 comments:

Jessica Madsen said...

Wow! That looks like a blast! Good luck with all of your up coming events!!

Jessica Madsen said...

Hey Braden, Justin told me he got your message about our blog. I am not sure when, but we will be deleting it soon. I didn`t know if you knew this but we (well, I) send a weekly e-mail back home each week to keep everyone updated. I have written every week since we moved out here. I would be more than happy to put you guys on the e-mail list if you would like. Don`t know why I hadn`t before!! That way you can be in the constant know of the events of our lives, since we don`t blog that much anymore. Let me know!! Hope your journey across america is safe and enjoyable!

Carrie Wood said...

Wow...Seattle! You guys are going coast to coast, literally. We still miss you here though. Why not come back???

Carrie Wood said...

OH, and the cupcakes look yummy, yummy. Maybe that is one of the reasons we really miss you guys??