Wednesday, July 20, 2011

28 Weeks and Counting

One week ago I officially hit the "28-week" mark in this pregnancy. Overall I have been feeling pretty good this time around, just bigger and more tired. The doctor at the 20-week ultrasound told us our baby is measuring in the 54%ile and will probably be 8+ pounds when he is born. Quite different from little Kayla at 6 lbs. 11.5 oz.! And yes, we're having a "he"! We are very excited. Just yesterday Kayla patted my belly and said, "baby brother". So sweet! (She really isn't going to know what hit her when this little guy arrives the first week in October, but I'm sure she'll adjust eventually!) One more fun thing the doctor said at the ultrasound was, "I can tell you with 99.9% certainty that this baby won't have any birth defects and 100% certainty that he is loved."
At my appointment yesterday, we found out I do NOT have gestational diabetes (thank goodness!) but that I am slightly anemic, which helps explain why I have been completely exhausted every day. So now I take an iron supplement which has already helped with my energy level. We even went for two walks today! The nicer weather also encouraged getting outside more today.
Here's the 28-week shot:
(Don't mind our boring tannish-white wall.)

And just for kicks, here's one of around the same week when I was preggo with Kayla. (This is the only one I have and it's not a very good comparison since it's slightly out of focus and I'm not standing at the correct angle. Also, it's on our anniversary and you can tell how excited we are about it!)


6 comments:

Christy Gunnell said...

YAY YAY YAY for this post! I was just thinking about you yesterday as I was getting ready for the day. I'm glad you guys figured out the anemia thing. It's no fun having zero energy! You are looking great! I love the blue stripe shirt on ya...so nautical :) When do you guys head back to Boston??? We'll have to catch up via the phone. Loves!

Chad and Carole said...

You're such a cute pregnant lady. Kayla will love her little brother...I just know it. She'll probably be way more helpful then you want her to be.

Unknown said...

Congrats! Now you've got a boy in the family! That's wonderful!

Jen, Jenny, Jennifer said...

That's so exciting that you're having a little boy! You look super cute in your belly shot. I'm glad that you were able to get the low energy thing figured out. That couldn't have been easy with a toddler to chase around. Do you have any names in mind?

The Petersen Family said...

I think you look great in your picture! Congrats on the little boy! Boys are so much fun. It was great talking to you the other day. We are excited to see you guys soon!

Carrie Wood said...

Yippee skippy! I have been waiting for this. I am really excited for you guys!
ummm - what, you're seeing the petersen's? does that mean you're skipping peoria? we're jealous!