Sunday, October 2, 2011

Names

We were looking at baby names for our little bundle of masculinity and we came across this list of most popular names in the 2000's.

# 171 on the list for boys: Braden
# 171 on the list for girls: Tiffany

Interpret it however you want, but the only logical conclusion I can think of is that if your name ranking doesn't match that of your spouse on the list of most popular names 2 decades after your birth, then you might have made a mistake...

Also, any suggestions for awesome middle names are welcome, but be aware that "Eriberto" has already been shot down numerous times, as has almost anything with only one syllable.

***5-minute update***
We just checked again and verified my previous assertion - our friends Audrey and Steve also both showed up on the list at #79.  My suggestion for everyone else? Find some esoteric connection between your name and that of your spouse, or else you're hosed.

5 comments:

Charity said...

FYI, neither Rick nor Charity is on the list at all for the 2000s or the 1990s (which is 2 decades before WE were born), so I think that counts. And if it doesn't, this should: both of our names can be found in the English dictionary for something other than a proper noun.

braden said...

Good job Charity finding another connection!

Lindsey said...

Ryan is 15, and Lindsey is 157: Is sharing the first two numbers good enough? I guess time - and the presence or non-presence of divorce attorneys - will only tell.

Anonymous said...

haven't looked yet. pretty sure melinda will never rank the same as matthew though.

and CONGRATS. i have been gone from the blogging world for a while.

and...I'm not blogging at my mattandmin blog anymore. So, visit me at {www.thesimpleandbeautifullife.blogspot.com}

Audrey Henderson said...

Oh my gosh - SO FREAKING AWESOME! Thank you for that fantastic info. Steve and I are destined lovers like you and fanny-pak ... It's just perfection.