Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Goodbye Old Friend


After seven years of friendship, loyalty, and love it was time to say goodbye. Gus and I met after my freshman year of college. I've been back and forth between Utah and California with him many times. He came with Braden and I on our honeymoon as we drove off into the sunset together. He brought our baby girl home. Bravely he withstood snow, ice, deer, and crazy drivers for us. Tirelessly he hauled all our possessions to Illinois. From the Pacific to the Atlantic, he never failed us.
As much as we didn't want to ever part with him, it was time. Yesterday we made our final parting and bade a fond farewell to my first car. Goodbye Gus. Thanks for the good memories. We won't forget you!

5 comments:

Christy Gunnell said...

So wait, what took Gus' place?!?! I'm sad to see the old guy go. But I'm intrigued as to what has taken his place and what its name will be.

Lindsey said...

Let's see those new wheels! You are keeping us in suspense...

Chad and Carole said...

I agree...sad, but I want to know what you got too!

DeCaires Family said...

So, where a pic of the new one!

Audrey Henderson said...

Memories sweet memories. Bye Gus, love you long time. I'll have to break the news to Mario, he'll shed a little car tear for you buddy.