Monday, July 7, 2008

Red Winged Blackbird: Tifanious Carnivorous


Since Braden is at work all day I've decided to pick up running. There is a nice jogging trail around our apartment that is about 2 miles long. I see all sorts of fun wildlife...a rabbit, doves, robins, and red-winged blackbirds. There is one blackbird in particular that I see a lot. It likes to wait for someone to pass by and then dive-bombs her! Luckily I've learned how to not get pecked by this sucker - all you have to do is bark at it. That's right, I said "bark" at it. It's funny to watch the bird in it's dive towards my head, I turn around and make loud noises, the bird doesn't know what to think and stops mid-bomb before skedaddling outta there. (But, it's probably funnier watching me yell at a bird.)



Here is a shot of the bird flying in for the kill. Luckily, no blood was shed during the taking of these pictures, but it was close. Whenever you turn your back on him, he attacks!!

2 comments:

Chad and Carole said...

I can just imagine it! Awesome! You make me just laugh!

Ryan said...

The blackbird probably just thinks you're sweet!