Thursday, August 28, 2008

I blame it on the postal service

We got a package in the mail today, it showed up like this:



Upon opening it, we found this:



Sadly, the delicious huckleberry jam that my mom made us did not make the trip out to Illinois. I wasn't too bummed about it until Tiff told me that she wouldn't let me eat any because of the broken glass that now peppered the jam. It was probably good advice, but seriously, this is huckleberry jam! All I got to do was smell it, and that just made me want to eat it more! Anyway, I think I'll be able to get over it, but it was really sad, and I can only imagine that it made some postal worker very unhappy, and whoever else's mail it leaked on probably wasn't too thrilled about their sticky-berry-smelling-love-letters either. Or hey, maybe it made their mail a little more fun, like scratch and sniff! Who knows? Maybe one of those people is readying this right now, asking where this delicious smell came from! It's Soda Springs Idaho man, only in jam form!

2 comments:

Eric and Heidi said...

sweet! maybe mom could use some better packaging next time....? Or, better yet, make you come and get your own jam!

braden said...

Ouch, after such a traumatic event I get chastisement from my sister. Salt in the wound, salt in the wound...